Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Limoux Chardonnay £8
This is a fresh tasting chardonnay, perfect for an aperitif with some
light bites. It is full of zesty orchard fruit and sun-ripened peaches, reminiscent
of maybe a Macon Village wine. Limoux – in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of south west France
– and its chardonnays are often overlooked compared to those in other, more renowned, regions of the country.
This is good news for us, the quality is great and the prices are low.
Limoux, a lovely summer fizz.
- Style? Medium bodied white wine
- Where is it from? Limoux, an appellation of Languedoc Roussillon, south
- What’s the grape? Chardonnay
- Tastes of? Apples, pears and sherbet lemons!
- What food would complement it? Salads, light dishes; we enjoyed it with
pasta and rocket & pistachio pesto