Racy is often used to describe new world Rieslings and in the case of this Australian gem, it is most apt. It’s keen – think lime, rather than lemons – without being over acidic thanks to the minerality and rounded fruity flavour. It’s gloriously refreshing, but a more serious wine than many pinot grigios and sauvignon blancs at the same price point. Great with curries and barbeques.
At a glance:
- Style? Aromatic white wine
- Where is it from? Australia
- What’s the grape? Riesling
- Tastes of? Limes, quite floral too
- What food would complement it? Curries, salads, light pasta and grain dishes with a bit of spice such as Chickpea & Butternut Squash Tagine