Can you believe I had my first ever Bircher Muesli just a couple of days ago? I’m not a fan of soggy cereal – porridge included, although I love oats…especially in flapjacks. Anyway, back to the Bircher – it was delicious so I thought I would create my own, but a little less sloppy. I chose pineapple for its sweet juiciness which naturally led to chucking in some passion fruit for the same reason.
I’ve been leaving my oats to soak in the fruit pulp and yogurt for about 10 minutes but you can leave it overnight.
Ingredients (serves 4)
100g porridge oats – gluten free/conventional
150-200g yogurt of your choice – I use Total/Fage Greek Yogurt
1 small pineapple
4 passion fruit
- Put the oats in a mixing bowl. Halve and scoop out the seeds and pulp of each passion fruit and stir through.
- Coarsely grate the pineapple and stir that in too.
- Finally stir through as much yogurt as you need to get a sloppy consistency.
- Leave to sit for at least 10 minutes or cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Just before eating add your toppings.